All India Radio, Cuttack is of 1948 vintage and is one of the first groups of stations started after independence. It went on air in the evening of 28th January,1948. Initially it started with only 1 KW MW transmitter located in Killa Fort area at Cuttack. The station had its own office and studio complex shifted to the present permanent location on Dr. Prana Krushna Parija Marg(Cantonment Road), Cuttack. It has served the audience with the purpose and the mission that it was set up.